Friday, January 8, 2010

Can I use olive oil to help stop static cling on my cat? She seems uncomfortable at times. HELP!?

When we go to pet her, sometimes there's a shock and she seems to become so uncomfortable, that she runs and hides. I heard that you can either use lotion or a dryer sheet but I'm concerned about the chemicals. I figured it would be safer and also healthier to use a teaspoon of olive oil on her coat. Is that ok?Can I use olive oil to help stop static cling on my cat? She seems uncomfortable at times. HELP!?
Its fine, but it may be better if you put the oil into her food instead of rubbing it on her (not to mention she wouldn't be getting oil all over the place). It should reduce the static and make her fur soft and shiny. Fish oil, if you can get it, is even better for their coats.Can I use olive oil to help stop static cling on my cat? She seems uncomfortable at times. HELP!?
Lotion would work (Unscented)
are you wearing shoes with rubber soles and do you have a lot of carpet? i heard that the friction creates the static cling and i'm sure the kitty isn't creating much friction... so maybe you can see what causes it and start from there...





good luck!
Please dont use lotion unless its designed for cats, which I doubt there is one on the market. There are things in lotion that the cat will ingest when she licks herself. A humidifer is your safest and most logical choice. It will be good for you and your cat's breathing to increase the moisture in the air.
Go ahead and try a little olive oil, it won't harm her, but do be careful of how much you put on and where she's allowed to rest until you see what effect it has/how well it absorbs. You don't want olive oil stains on your furniture. :)





If you want to try lotion, just look for one designed for babies or those with allergies (fragrance-free, etc.) to minimize what she's ingesting if she licks it off.
Funny you should ask this. I have one cat that has fur, and we have this problem. (I have 3 SPHYNX)





Use a humidifier, the air in your home is very dry, which causes static. That way you won't have to worry about chemicals, at all.
  • printer cartridge
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment