Friday, January 8, 2010

How can I stop my car from burning oil?

Is there anything I can put in my engine that will prevent my oil from burning? I have 98 eclipse 2.4L spyder. My oil gets black well before 3000 miles after a oil change and is very low low low!!!! Has anyone one used and additives that actually slowed down the burning or even eliminated it?





ThanksHow can I stop my car from burning oil?
Restore makes claims that it fills in micro scratches and slows oil consumption.How can I stop my car from burning oil?
it should be black considering 3000 miles and the age of the car





change every 2500 miles





Use.........';straight 40 weight non detergent oil'; ask for this at the parts counter take the advise, it is thicker oil for less consumption and will help!
Ahh yes simply add some valve seals to fix this problem... Or to fix every engine problem you have simply add a new engine.
Don't waste your money. Rebuilt engine replacement or buy another car will most likely be your best bet. Have a compression check done to be sure.
Try a thicker oil like 20w50. Your engine is already toast so it's worth a shot. It might help a little bit.
Either re-build or swap. additives only do so much, and only act as a crutch, they aren't a fix. Your oil will get black, you need to worry on consumption, check it once or twice a week, not when your next oil change is due. I know you want to hear a cheap magical cure, but there isn't any, sorry.
Is the car also throwing black smoke through the exhaust? If so, I麓d say you need to replace the valves麓 seals. At least, that麓s something you can do to some older Toyotas and Hondas...

No comments:

Post a Comment