Friday, January 8, 2010

When does skin stop producing so much oil?

I never used to have oily skin.. but since I turned 16 the T-zone of my face is always really oily. When does this stop/ slow down? Since I didn't have oily skin when I was younger.. does this mean it's just a hormones thing and will go away?When does skin stop producing so much oil?
Well, some people consider oily skin a blessing, since oily skin doesn't age as fast as dry skin. It's harder to get wrinkles with oily skin. But yes, it is a hormone thing. As you age, you're skin will produce less oil. It might not be until you're way older though. One thing you can do to help minimize the appearance of oil is make sure you moisturize and use a good skin program. I know moisturizing sounds like the opposite of what you want to do with oily skin, but it's true. Your skin needs moisture, and by not moisturizing, it tells your skin to produce it's own, which is oil. So make sure you get an oil free moisturize and see if that helps.When does skin stop producing so much oil?
it could be many things, hormones, genetics, weather, etc. Do you have a daily face cleansing regime? if not, you should wash morning/night and before bed, use a toner. if you use a face lotion, do NOT use one that contributes to the oil! also, don't fret about oily skin, no it may not be too attractive now, but oily skin means your skin will age much slower than people who have dry skin.
I completely understand how you feel! I am a few years younger than you, but I have oily skin on the same area. I think it's just a hormone thing. Gotta love those hormones, huh?! Haha anyway, I think it will slow down as you get older.





Best of luck!





~ Natalie
Yes, the secretions will fade as you pass toward adult age. However, do not be so sure you want it to pass to quickly. Dry skin is as problematic as oily skin. Hopefully, yours will be just right as you get older.
idk. but there are these things you can buy and they take out the oil.


oh. and since its hot out that might also cause the oil

No comments:

Post a Comment