Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Anyone know what's up when my 99 Dodge Dakota 4X4 loses oil pressure when i stop fast?

gauge drops when i stop fast and check gauges light comes on but it stops as soon as the vehicle is stoppedAnyone know what's up when my 99 Dodge Dakota 4X4 loses oil pressure when i stop fast?
you problably have low oil pressure to start with. have it checked with a manual gauge. the most likely cause is the engine is sludged, oil pump pickup is partially plugged, oil drainback passges are plugged, and when you stop fast what little oil has drained back to the pan runs away from the sump and the oil pump sucks air. make sure your oil level is full before you do any more driving.Anyone know what's up when my 99 Dodge Dakota 4X4 loses oil pressure when i stop fast?
Stop slower
My 97 Dakota did the same thing, and I just assumed it was a faulty gauge so I didn't get it checked. I had to replace the engine (they're not cheap, even used... trust me).





Get your oil pump checked. Mine froze up which caused the engine to go.
one other thing that will cause that is a faulty oil pressure switch,since that's the cheapest thing to replace i think id try that first,if that doesn't repair it,you can hook up a manual gage to it and see what the actual oil pressure is,that will tell you what its actually holding,i did this on my truck and it saved me a lot of money,good luck with it.

No comments:

Post a Comment