Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Will a conviction for possession of class A drugs stop you getting a job on the oil rigs?

I suspect it will but my friend reckons if you are a reformed character and you received just a fine then you should be ok. I don't think the oil companies would even look at you. Who's right?Will a conviction for possession of class A drugs stop you getting a job on the oil rigs?
Their are to many people jobless nowadays


to hire somebody who might have potential problems.Will a conviction for possession of class A drugs stop you getting a job on the oil rigs?
no
my dad has that issue. it will effect u but tell them about it up front tell them u really need the job n will do an excelent job sell ur self and if u can get a friend that works there 2 recomend u u have a better shot
I think you are right.
No, I don't think it will matter. From what I hear, they need help really bad, so as long as you are clean - go for it.
most definitely yes
I belive that if you show them that you have changed. and try to get some authority figure to approve, they might.
It depends on the employer, but it can. Most will ask if you used or sold drugs, selling is frowned upon by most employers. Good luck!!!!!
Your right. NO chance. That job is way to serious and people could die if you f- -up. No room for screw-ups, reformed or not.
YEAUP.... I couldn't even take you out TO a rig on my boat if I knew it. NO oil company will touch someone with a felony conviction because if they are working offshore they need a PASSPORT
The way the rigs work around here, as long as you have a heartbeat, you should be good to go. Heck, in some cases, experience with drugs might be a positive!
It will probably get you a job on the oil rigs!!

No comments:

Post a Comment