Monday, April 26, 2010

Can you ever stop strecth marks from happening? If so when do you start with the oil etc?

Hi guys,


I know there are lots of products out there for stretch marks but does anything really stop them from appearing? If so when is the best time to start with oil or cream? Thanks xxCan you ever stop strecth marks from happening? If so when do you start with the oil etc?
Some people are more succeptable to stretch marks, it's to do with the amount of collagen in your skin.





The minute I started getting a little tum, I started moisturising. Once a day, then as you get bigger and feel more 'stretched' i'd do it twice a day.


Oh a little tip, when you get further into your pregnancy around 8months, moisturise the skin around your perenium, it helps to stop it tearing in childbirth.


I have no stretch marks.Can you ever stop strecth marks from happening? If so when do you start with the oil etc?
my mom started using baby oil when she found out she was pregant she used it everynight and she only ended u pwith 2 little stretch marks and you cant even see em!





good luck
Stretch marks are genetic. They occur in the layers of skin that are far below where any moisturizer would reach. You'll either get them or you won't. Moisturize if you wish to keep the skin supple and itch-free, but it's not likely to keep stretch marks away.
There are certain products and oils that will help keep the skin pliant. However, if you're prone to getting them, nothing will really stop them completely. Sorry.
hi there,


No you can not stop the stretch marks but i can recommend using an oil called bio-oil it heals the skin. if you start using from the beginning of your pregnancy as you will find your skin does dry out .
hello. i used LOADS of normal moisturiser (nivea) all over my bump every day when i was preggo. and i was really pleased when, after month 8, i never had one single stretchmark on my tummy. untill one day i caught sight of the backs of my knees in the mirror, omg, there was thousands of stretchmarks there. and on my back too!!





moral; don't just use oil on your bump, use it everywhere. tops of arms, backs of knees, sides, bb's. EVERYWHERE!!
One of my friends rubbed baby oil on her stomach every day, if not a couple times a day and never got a stretch mark through either of her pregnacies





Another friend used to take Vitamin gel caplets, split them open and rub them on her stomach and that worked for her. I can't remember which Vitamin it was, but I'm thinking E.





But, I also heard that stretch marks can be hereditary...so no matter what you do to try and prevent them, you may get them anyway.





You can start putting on oil and lotion as soon as you want. Keep your skin moisturized often. Baby oil locks in moisture. I put some in my bath water every day.
There's nothing that can really help. Some people swear by creams and such, but it really comes down to you. I've found most women who get them, their mothers got them too, so you can thank her.
i used coconut butter when carrying my son and still use it on my skin now it doesnt completley stop them as you cant help ya skin stretching throughout ya pregnancy it just reduces the red angry marks and its not as noticable after youve had ya littlen. There also a very gud cream THATS ADVERTISED ON TV IM NOT SURE WHAT ITS CALLED BUT IF YA GO 2 BOOTS OR YA LOCAL PHARMISTIST IM SURE THEYL KNOW u can use it for any strecth marks not just 4 when youve had a baby and ya skins stretched that way i have sum on my calfs where i gained wait thru been on da pill and again the coconut butter helped gudluk hun
i gained 37 lbs and was huge





i have no stretch marks








use the shea or cocoa butter soaps by oil of olay and just keep your belly and breasts mosturized (like really moisturized) is all you really can to it may not completly prevent but it will certainly reduce the amout and severity of them
Hi Amy,


You are right about all the products to help with stretch marks.


If you keep your weight down during the pregnancy so you aren't stretching your skin any more that a normal pregnant belly is, it helps. Anywhere you have a layer of fat is a potential stretch mark area.





We have three layers of skin: the epidermis (outer layer), the dermis (middle layer), and the subcutaneous stratum (innermost layer). Stretch marks occur in the dermis, the resilient middle layer that helps the skin retain its shape. When the dermis is constantly stretched over time, the skin becomes less elastic and the small connective fibres within it break. The result is what we know as stretch marks.





Depending on your natural skin colouring, stretch marks begin as raised pink, reddish brown or dark brown lines that later turn a brighter violet or purple. Gradually these bright marks flatten and fade to a colour a few shades lighter than your natural skin tone. They usually become less noticeable over time.





Stretch marks can appear anywhere on the body where the skin has been stretched, and they often occur as a result of weight gain. They're most likely to appear in places where fat is stored, including the abdomen, breasts, upper arms, thighs and buttocks. They pose absolutely no health risk and don't compromise your body's ability to function healthily.





Prevention





Imagine a balloon that's been blown up and then deflated. No matter how much you blow it up again, it's already lost much of its original elasticity and will never look quite the same. Stretch marks are similar, in that they don't ever go away entirely. The key, however, is finding ways to reduce their appearance. The earlier you begin treating stretch marks - when they are red or reddish brown - the more likely you are to diminish their appearance. Once these marks begin to flatten and fade they become less obvious and are more difficult to treat.





Between 75 and 90 per cent of women develop stretch marks during pregnancy. The sustained stretching on the abdomen as a result of weight gain usually means stretch marks will appear during the sixth or seventh month. But pregnant women aren't alone in being susceptible. Adolescents experiencing growth spurts and athletes - especially bodybuilders who practice strenuous and repetitive exercise - are likely to get stretch marks, as is anyone who gains or loses a significant amount of weight in a short period of time,





I was pretty lucky during my three pregnancies. I was very thin without much fat and my stretch marks developed at my naval and my inner thighs. After 10 years, I can't even find them.





It's OK to have a stretch mark or two or three or more...don't fret about it. Just enjoy being pregnant and wait for that little one to come. You will be much too busy to be stressing over a stretch mark.





Good luck Amy,


Lil
as soon as you find out that you are pregnant i suggest using cocoa butter for stretch marks or mineral oil and all should be okay!!!


I had a friend that did that and she had three kids and not one stretch mark!!





congrats..and good luck!!!
Well there's one thing you should ask your mother. If she got alot while pregnant and used lotions then more than likely you'll get some too. There is nothing out there that can literally stop them but only prevent them. As long as you use them on a daily basis and keep your skin from getting really dry, you should be fine. The best solution I found was putting on hair conditioner on my body just before I got outta the shower. But you can use whatever, just as long as you remeber to get your sides and bum too. That skin stretches from all around your waist so don't just lather your belly. Congrads and happy Mothers Day!
Just use a pure massage oil - e.g. sweet almond or olive oil, from as soon as you start to show. Use it every day.


I have just had a baby and I was massive and don't have a single stretch mark!
They say nothing prevents stretch marks, but I wouldn't take their word for it. I use Palmers stretch mark lotion with cocoa butter and shea butter. I have used it since the VERY beginning, I didn't want to risk it. I am 39 weeks pregnant now without any stretch marks on my belly. I did get a couple on my breasts, where I hadn't thought to put the lotion. Maybe I wouldn't have got any anyway, but you never know and it is better to be safe than sorry. You should try the palmers. I also used Vitamin E oil a couple of times but it made me get wierd bumps, so I would stay away from that/
While it is true that nothing will stop them completely. Keeping your skin nourished does help minimize them. I started with the creams daily right after I found out I was pregnant. I still have two months to go but so far the only stretch marks I have are old ones that I had from a weight problem. Cocoa Butter...if you can find it in it's true form is supposed to be the best. I have also used Shea Butter and Royal Jelly. Also, it is VERY important to drink a lot of water. If the inside isn't hydrated...neither is the skin.
Bio Oil is great. You should use ceams throught out your pregnancy, sooner you start id say the better.
  • eye make up
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment