Monday, April 26, 2010

Why does my oil light come on and ding every time I come to a stop?

Depending upon your vehicle, the oil light usually means low oil pressure. The most common reason for this would be low oil, however there are a number of other reasons, including (but not limited to): bad oil pressure sensor, bad oil pump, worn engine components (is your engine noisy?) just to name the more obvious.





If it's full of oil and the oil looks the right color on the dipstick (not pitch black/sooty or with brown %26amp;/or white deposits), it could just be a faulty sensor.Why does my oil light come on and ding every time I come to a stop?
Please top up your engine oil immediatelyWhy does my oil light come on and ding every time I come to a stop?
The oil pump may be going bad.
Have it serviced as the engine is telling you it need help%26gt;The oil might be low??

No comments:

Post a Comment