Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Why does my my low oil pressure light kepps coming on and the stop engine light?

I HAVE A 1997 DEVILLE CONCOURS AND THE READING ON THE DIGITAL DASH SAYS STOP ENGINE LOW OIL PRESSUREWhy does my my low oil pressure light kepps coming on and the stop engine light?
THIS IS AN EMERGENCY!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Check your oil. It may be low, or you might need an oil change. If the oil is thick and black, you'll need an oil change. DO IT SOON!!!! that light may have saved your car, because an oil change costs a lot less than a new engine, or a new car.Why does my my low oil pressure light kepps coming on and the stop engine light?
I had an Acura that did the same thing,just because you have oil in the engine doesn't mean everything fine.You need to have a direct oil pressure reading off the oil pump to see what it really is.As the bearings in the engine wear out the pressure drops and it can cause engine failure.So my advise is to see if its the pump,a bad indicator or computer problem,or the engine bearings are going bad.Good luck.
low oil pressure does not mean low oil level, it means that there isn insufficient oil being pumped around the engine. it is possible that the sendor that turns the light out when the engine starts is dodgy or it could be the quality of the oil or the age and viscosity of the oilor it could even be the oil pump failing, if it goes out when you rev it then id put my money on the oil being too thin, certainly have it checked immidiately as low oil pressure will completely trash the bottom half of the engine and if you keep driving it it can even trash the top half too
check all of the oils if the light doesnt come off read your manule coz there might be a nother problem when my dad had the stop syn on his car it was his brakes so ya will have to fill oyur engine up with the correct oil
either there is no oil in the engine or your oil pressure is low...usually that means a bad oil pump.....
check the engine oil level
did you check the oil level?

No comments:

Post a Comment