Wednesday, April 28, 2010

My 2000 Dodge Durango the oil pressure drop when I come to a stop or hit the brake, but when I press on the ga?

My 2000 Dodge Durango 5.9 engine the oil pressure drop when I come to a stop or hit the brake, but when I press on the gas it go back to normal, I check the engine for oil but is okay any suggest what would be causing this problem? I also replaced the oil pump and the oil pressure sensor!My 2000 Dodge Durango the oil pressure drop when I come to a stop or hit the brake, but when I press on the ga?
The RPM is slower at an idle so the pump isn't pumping as much pressure. I have an old truck that goes down at an idle and it's been that way for years. As long as it don't go down to zero it's still lubricating the engine.My 2000 Dodge Durango the oil pressure drop when I come to a stop or hit the brake, but when I press on the ga?
Clean out your idle air control valve. Your idle speed is probably too low based on dirt inside this little gizmo. Use Gum-out spray to do it. It is best if you remove this valve for cleaning, then re-install it. Also, why did you change the oil pump???? Anyways, you also have an oil pressure relief valve. It corrects oil pressure based on temperature. If it is faulty, you will have the same results. Also, what kind of oil are you using?? Never assume that all oils are the same, or universal. In reality, there are only a few ';brand'; name oils that Chrysler recommends. Their containers read ';approved for use in'; or Designed for use in'; Chrysler cars. I would only use Mobil One 0W series oil. It cleans as you drive, and protects the pressure relief valve and oil pump from clogging out. Stay away from the V and QS. They begin decomposing almost immediately after installation. In a pinch, the proper Pennzoil Platinum oil is acceptable. Good LucK!!

No comments:

Post a Comment