Wednesday, December 30, 2009

I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring, when I come to a complete stop my oil light comes on, as soon as a go again?

the light goes off, I keep checking the oil level and it is fine, does anyone know what could be causing this?I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring, when I come to a complete stop my oil light comes on, as soon as a go again?
A good repair shop technician would test your oil pressure sensor and attach an oil pressure gauge to your engine. You can't depend on the red oil light or oil pressure gauge on your dash to read correctly without calibrating it against a known good shop gauge. With the engine HOT, the shop oil gauge should read at least 12 psi normally at HOT idle. A palm reader might claim to know otherwise, but I recommend this method to really find out what's causing your low oil pressure light to come on.





http://www.napaonline.com/MasterPages/NO鈥?/a>I have a 2001 Chrysler Sebring, when I come to a complete stop my oil light comes on, as soon as a go again?
you will need to get that looked at its either a bad sending unit or you have an oil pump going out you can change the sensor and see if it stops it should only be about a 25 dollar part . then if it still does it you need to have it looked at right away before you do serious engine damage
You need to have the oil pressure checked with a wet guage.


Hopefully, it's an electrical concern and not a low oil pressure concern.

No comments:

Post a Comment