Saturday, December 26, 2009

What crankcase breather can i use on a1988 evo to stop the oil dripping from the air cleaner bottom ?

the hose comes out of the crankcase and goes into the back of the air cleaner body and oil builds up inside of it and leaks out of the bottom. there must be some kind of fix for this. any suggestions would be helpful.What crankcase breather can i use on a1988 evo to stop the oil dripping from the air cleaner bottom ?
I just Bought a Screamin Eagle Kit...My old one was busted


and missing parts....The Bottom of that Filter was oily too...





But with my New Kit....There were two rubber pieces that go on the breather bolts and curve around the intake , which would suck in and burn up any blow-by oil.....





Gotta Fly...


Mike in MN - 05 Soft Tail ';Deuce'; OwnerWhat crankcase breather can i use on a1988 evo to stop the oil dripping from the air cleaner bottom ?
I think you need a top end rebuild, sounds like too much blow-by.
I cheated on my bike. I ran the hose between swing arm and motor. The crank case now has POSITIVE ventilation.


I don't know where that pesky oil vapor is.

No comments:

Post a Comment