Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Is it okay to use baby oil to cover or stop the flaking on my face?

I had allergic reaction from a moisturizer, and I think the process is almost done, but now my face is flaking really badly...I'm so embarassed and I have to go to work soon...Is it okay to use baby oil to cover it up?? Or what kind of advice would u share?





Pls help?!Is it okay to use baby oil to cover or stop the flaking on my face?
It sounds to me like you need a mild 1% hydrocortisone cream (maybe .5% would work too) just for a few days until the flaking stops, then a gentle mild hypo-allergenic moisturiser, something cheap and simple, ask the pharmacist. The flaking is part of the inflammatory reaction you had from the allergy.Is it okay to use baby oil to cover or stop the flaking on my face?
Well you could use that BUT a better way would be to use petroleum jelly LESS is more or better a SMALL amount or less. use on face while asleep is best effects. use a tinny amount I hope I can stress that enough. use some under make up so as not to irritate with the makeup kinda a protection if you will.





USE gentle creams NEVER lotions on a face unless prescribed by a doc. use baby soaps that is bests to a oatmeal based soap for cleansing. Hope this helps. I have sever psoriasis and this is what my Derm. has repeatedly told me and others as well.


Best to you
Baby oil is kinda heavy to put on your face....I would only use it if you know for sure you are not allergic to it.


I'd go buy a container of Eucerin, it's hypoallergenic and my dermalogist recommends it for sensitive skin.
Rather than using baby oil, I use Nutragena Sesame Body Oil. It's very light if you use only a few drops. I rub it into my hands, then onto my face. A small bottle lasts me over a year.
Baby oil often has added fragrances that could irritate the skin.I use grapeseed oil, which is about $4 or less per bottle. You can LIGHTLY exfoliate the flakes first, in the shower with a washcloth.





I also find the oil is great for eliminating blackheads: I rub the oil on at the end of the day for 30 sec, then wash it off with a gentle cleanser. It makes my skin smooth and clear!
sure, although yo should use some lotion. I use baby oil to prevent dry skin in this cold time period.
how about vaseline.

No comments:

Post a Comment