Tuesday, December 22, 2009

Oil stop leak was accidently put in my cars gas tank, what should I do?

There are so many types of stop leak. Also, you don't mention if you tried to start the vehicle and if it ran then died. More info would help and dictate the severity of damage and necessary work to repair.Oil stop leak was accidently put in my cars gas tank, what should I do?
As long as you haven't started it you should not have to replace fuel pumps but drain the tank rinse well and reflill tank run sea foam through your fuel system. If you already started your car you might just be SOL. I would replace your fuel pump, rinse your tank, replace fuel lines, and injectors.Oil stop leak was accidently put in my cars gas tank, what should I do?
The fuel tank and pump must be removed from the car. The fuel tank can be cleaned, but the fuel pump should probably be replaced and whatever you do, do not start the car.

No comments:

Post a Comment