Wednesday, December 30, 2009

Why does my oil pressure drop to zero at a stop in my Jeep Cherokee Sport?

The car starts up, and the oil pressure, just fine.


But after the car runs for a good while, 30 miles (45min driving), the oil pressure will drop to zero at a stop and my check gauges light comes on.


When I accelerate, the oil pressure picks back up and is fine, until the next stop.





The cycle resets once I turn the car off and let it sit.





What is causing this?Why does my oil pressure drop to zero at a stop in my Jeep Cherokee Sport?
check your oil level and also when was your last oil change? the oil pressure usually drops off when there is not enough oil to register in the pan sensor. also the filter if the oil is old may not be allowing the oil to move freely throughout the engine.Why does my oil pressure drop to zero at a stop in my Jeep Cherokee Sport?
your oil pump is on its way out you can get some oil treatment see if that helps but you need to put a new Oil pump in your jeep
bottom of motor is gonna need rebuilding I had that problem before but like the other person said check oil level first
if there is no noise in the engine then it,s probably the sending unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment